Thursday 19 November 2009

AM raises West Wales train pain

Rail services in west Wales will be in the spotlight next week when Preseli Pembrokeshire AM Paul Davies leads a debate on the subject in the Senedd.

Mr Davies won the ballot to choose a subject for a short debate and he’s elected to highlight the short comings in rail services to west Wales.

"This has been a subject close to my heart for some time," said Mr Davies.

"I have been lobbying for extra services to
Fishguard for years now and I’ll be taking a more detailed look at trains and stations in the whole of Pembrokeshire.

“I’ll be calling for Goodwick station to be reopened and will mention the 1,000-signature petition that two Moylegrove teenagers collected calling for more trains to Fishguard and which I handed to the Welsh Assembly’s petition committee last week.

“I know that there are also concerns about the appearance of Whitland station which is a gateway to Pembrokeshire, the run-down state of Tenby station which is used by thousands of tourists every year and access problems at Saundersfoot station.

"We also need a late train to meet the Pembroke Dock ferry. Integration between public transport will be one of the key themes of my speech."



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
| Home | Main Site | About Us | Contact Us | Follow us on Twitter | Join us on Facebook |