Monday 24 August 2009

Henson Quashes Talk of Retirement

Gavin Henson has quashed talk of quitting rugby despite being handed indefinite leave by the Ospreys.Henson, 28, has been relieved of duties while he battles persistent Achilles and groin problems.

The frustrated Wales star was said to be on the verge of walking away from the game last month. And he missed the official squad photo this week - fuelling speculation he would not return.

But in a statement released by the Ospreys, Henson said: "I fully anticipate returning to the Ospreys before too long having finally overcome the injuries that have been a recurring problem for nearly three years.

"I'm grateful to the Ospreys for providing me with the time needed for these injuries to be finally dealt with and I'm looking forward to getting on with my playing career at the Ospreys as soon as I can."

Henson has not played since undergoing ankle surgery in March that ruled him out of the British Lions tour.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
| Home | Main Site | About Us | Contact Us | Follow us on Twitter | Join us on Facebook |